Changes to the 2016 Category system and Tournament structure on the ECCO Tour means that it will be much more difficult to play in ECCO Tour events from next season.
– After discussing with the players’ committee we decided to introduce a general reduction of the field size to 120 players on the ECCO Tour, says ECCO Tour owner and CEO, Flemming Astrup.
– This is done in an attempt to enhance the competitiveness further, but also because we wish to maintain the cut at 45 players. Therefore, we feel that 120 players will be more appropriate, there will still be a few full field tournaments such as Made in Denmark Qualifier and NorthSide Charity Challenge, explains Astrup.
– At the moment 100 players in the field miss the cut, and that number will in the future be reduced to 65. This should mean that once you are in the event, it will be a little “easier” to make the cut, states Flemming Astrup.
As a consequence of this change, there will be an adjustment of the ECCO Tour Category 14. In the future this category will only include players, who have participated in the Danish NGL 1st Stage Q-School played at Skjoldenæsholm Golf Center on 5 – 6 October.
– In the future a player will not be allowed to play an ECCO Tour event in the main season, unless he has played the Q-School. In addition to this, the rules of wildcards and sponsor invitations are also changed, so that a player can receive a maximum of 2 invites, says Astrup.
How do the changes affect you?
Inside top-108 on Cleaned NGL Ranking after Race to Himmerland
- If you are between 71-108 on the Cleaned Ranking, you are directly qualified for the NGL Q-School Final Stage played at Skjoldenæsholm Golf Center from 8 – 10 October. This you must play to secure a category for 2016.
- If you are between 50 – 70, you can play the Final Stage to improve you category. You are naturally also automatically qualified for the Final Stage.
Outside top-108 on on Cleaned NGL Ranking after Race To Himmerland
- You MUST play 1st stage at Q-School
- All players participating in 1st Stage DENMARK will get a Category 14 on the ECCO Tour 2016
- Players without any 2016 category and NOT participating in the 1st stage DENMARK Nordic Golf League Q-School will be denied starts on the ECCO Tour 2016*.
- Wild cards for hosting clubs and sponsor invites do not apply to this rule – One player receive a maximum of two invites
- *Made in Denmark Qualifier and Winter Series will be open to all players
- You register for 1st stage Q-School Denmark here.
To sum up
- Please make absolutely sure to check you current ranking and situation. It is extremely important that you know, what you’re playing rights are for 2016.
- If you are outside top-108 on NGL Ranking after Race to Himmerland on the cleaned ranking, you MUST PLAY 1st stage Q-School.
- All participants at 1st stage Denmark will get a Category 14.
- Players with no category will be denied access on the ECCO Tour in 2016.
If you have any questions regarding registration for Q-School, please contact:
- Malene Rossen
- Mail: [email protected]
- Phone: +45 2536 2123
- Brian Vester
- Mail: [email protected]
- Phone: +45 3029 8433